Tuesday, March 22, 2011

the best homemade brownies + topping

A couple of years ago I was searching online for page ideas for a felt quiet book I wanted to make for Braylon. I found a bog that I immediately loved. She posts recipes every Friday and they are awesome.  I often use her site as a go-to when we have people over for dinner; I'm using two of her recipes tonight! I'm reposting her recipe here because I want to make sure it's included in my blogbook [when I get started on those!]. Check out Amy @ My Name is Snickerdoodle [if you don't already] and read the story she posted along with this recipe - honestly, men! These are the first brownies I made from scratch, yeah, I know, but they are awesome and I've made them a few times for people already.


Braylon: 
"I wish my mouth was a sink so I could get this whole thing totally clean!" + "WOW! My tongue can even get in the tiniest holes!"


Betrayal Brownies
3 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
5 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
24 peppermint patties/Andes Mints (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan. In large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat eggs. Add in and mix well. Mix in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Reserve two cups of batter and set aside. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange patties in a single layer over batter. Spread reserved batter over patties and cover evenly. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center comes out clean.

**I only added 2 1/2 cups of sugar and they were just fine. I felt too guilty to add 3 cups. I also did not make them with the peppermint patties.



These may or may not be getting covered with Amy's recipe for this delicious topping:


Cream Cheese and Peanut Butter Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 TBSP milk
Cream together cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla. Add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add in milk a little at a time until you get the desired consistancy.


No comments: