Wednesday, March 23, 2011

best cole slaw!


recipe by my Dad
green cabbage
red cabbage
[cut in half, cut out core and thinly slice]
shredded carrots
[add desired amounts of each to a large bowl + set aside]

in separate bowl combine:
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1 C mayo
2/3 tsp celery seed
large dollop dijon mustard
2 T sugar
[mix together until blended + smooth]

pour over cabbage/carrots and cover completely
cover and refrigerate for 3+ hours

Serve as a side or our preferred method on top of shredded chicken or pork [bbq sauce optional] on a toasted keiser roll. So stinking good.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Best Cole Slaw? Isn't that an oxymoron? I submit that there is no such thing as a good cole slaw. It's disgusting! :)

[in training] julie b said...

Oh my friend. I know that you have probably been asulted by a lifetime of nasty slaw... but like other greats I have opened your eyes to in the past, allow me to rock your palat once again. Really, I'll make this for you and you will LOVE it, you may crave it. But only this recipe will do so you'll have to visit often!