Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes

@ 6:30 Sunday morning I was up making not one, but two batches of chocolate chip cookies. You see, my sweet husband teaches Sunday School for some teens in our ward and every week he promises them that I love to bake and will make treats for them. Its been a month, or two, and I hadn't done that yet and I didn't want him to lose face.  So, up and at 'em way too early for my taste. 

McCall is a very popular destination for summer vacations and we never know how many people will be in town any given weekend. For example, our normal ward is about 170 people; the members present for sacrament on July 4th was barely shy of 800.  Needless to say, I had no idea how many cookies Kyle would need to fulfil his promise and I didn't want any sugar craved teen to miss out so I decided to mix up a 2nd batch after getting all of the first ones baked.

I had recently found 2 recipes online that promised to be the best ever so I decided to try them both out and hoped to find one that I thought to be superior to all others as we. Shortly, I will post both recipes and what I learned about what makes the all the difference in baking cookies and what the verdict was between these two.

Oh, and Kyle had 2 kids in his class this week. Go figure.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey, what's the secret??? I'm still waiting to hear it!