Saturday, July 17, 2010

the baby was asleep hours ago

and I'm still awake. It's 12:33 am, I finally wore Bray down. He's asleep.

I really don't know how to get him to stay in bed and asleep @ a decent hour. He has so much stinking energy. And good stories and sneaky persuasive ways to avoid going to sleep. I'm serious with him, but I don't want to be mean or too harsh. Tonight is very late - we did get out of the small traveling carnaval after 9 but still!

I'm ready for any suggestions.

side note: putting bray to bed he'll decide what type of story he wants and will say, "I want a made up story, so mommy, you have to tell it to me because you tell stories and daddy reads them." - very astute

umm - when I try to get this symbol, @, it types " and vice versa... but only with those keys. odd.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

My kids get a warning (actually a couple) and then they lose things. Like stuffed animals, or desserts for the next day, and eventually they get spanked. When I was a kid there was NO WAY my brother and I would have gotten out of bed, we knew our very lives depended on staying put (though I never remember being spanked for getting out of bed, we just knew we'd be in a ton of trouble if we did), a lot has changed since then!