Tuesday, May 18, 2010

this one won't be changing...

We tried out different first names, middles names, name combinations but nothing really felt or sounded right. We [mostly I] had really loved Aiden and it felt really right for him, but were turned off at the idea that there are so many Aiden, Aidan, Hayden, Caden, Jayden (s) out there right now and we didn't want be a part of that. 

We had to fill out his paperwork before be left the hospital so we chose a name but whenever I heard people calling him that it didn't seem right. I spent the week trying to use the name, but ended up calling him pet names instead and hesitated when people would ask me his name. Obviously it wasn't going to work for me. 

So, it took a week after he was born... and an extra trip back to the hospital to officially change birth certificate and social security paperwork but we finally feel 100% about his name. 

Aiden Taylor Borchert

3 comments:

La Wrangler said...

I love it! I don't know why but I knew there was going to be an Aiden in your family, I thought it was going to be Bray's name at first! It's a perfect fit.

Jess said...

Make sure you tell Bray. He's been talking about baby Taylor all weekend! LOL. We've had so much fun with him.

Dan and Marci Family said...

I like the name it's cute and I don't know any Aiden's. You have the cutest baby's. He is so adorable. Miss you guys!