Thursday, December 17, 2009

without a doubt...


 
Kyle and I had a great time at our appointment this morning. All in all we had at least 40 minutes of ultrasound time where we got to check out our baby as a whole and close up to make sure everything was developing properly.  Honestly it took me the first 10 minutes to start to figure out what the girl was looking at but once I got used to it, and she zoomed away from the bladder/stomach/etc, it was much easier to see.  She froze the image many times to show the very clear distinction that we in fact have a healthy little boy.  Kyle was so excited.  He knew it was going to be a girl because of how different this pregnancy has been for me and going in he said he was going to be looking for the little ribbon in her hair - but he cheered and clapped at the announcement.

I loved being able to watch the baby squirm around, stretch out and tuck his little hands under his chin but that much kneading on my stomach started getting to me; by the time the head doctor came in to check things out and confirm that everything looked healthy and was developing well I was getting a little sick and started contracting.

They confirmed that I am 19 weeks 5 day today which is right on target.  I will need another in-depth ultrasound @ 30 weeks to make sure things are looking safe because of my c-section with B, he gave me some advice of things to do daily to reduce the risk of developing preeclampsia again and we left with some pictures and a dvd of the full ultrasound.

8 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!! Now you don't have to change your blog subtitle!

Meg said...

YAY!! I was really rooting for Pink but Blue will be just as fun!!

The Borchert's said...

I know you where hoping for a girl… but a boy is great too!
But all that really matters is the little one is healthy, right?
And Bray will love having a little brother to pick on ;)

John and Casey Matern said...

yeah! it'll be fun to have cousins so close! now we'll have to see if cortney will find out or not tomorrow!

Dan and Marci Family said...

Congrats, you will love having two boys. Well at least I do. Bray will love having someone to play cars, and other boy things with.

Bobosaurus Wranlger said...

Aww, that is so exciting, congrats! Two little boys to get into trouble together, drive you batty and be best friends forever!

Terri said...

Huge Congrats! Can't wait to meet him!

El Fro said...

Grats on baby #2! Now you only need 5 more to be complete.

I'm actually not 100% on the price of photoshop. Computer stores are selling it for 1k, but you can find it online for $200. I believe the 200 price is for the student version (no difference besides one can't be used to make money).

A torrent is a fancy way to download it (*cough* illegally *cough*). (I would never do such a thing. Never. ... Never ever.) As long as you aren't making a profit off of it, you would be fine.

What married couple has a spare $200 for software? Not I.