Tuesday, August 25, 2009

if I were at home there would be confetti


We spent a lot of time this weekend talking with Bray about diapers and big boy underwear. He did awesome on Sunday but still had a few accidents. Monday morning I told him we were going to have a great day, that he was going to wear his underwear to school instead of a pull up and to remember to make sure to use the bathroom. I just reinforced what a great day it was going to be and he was so excited.

One of his teachers seemed a little hesitant when I told her he was wearing underwear, but I brought an extra pair or shorts and some underwear to keep there. They have been working with him but between times he has always worn a pull up or diaper.

When Kyle picked Bray up his teachers were so excited that he did not have one accident. When I got home Braylon was so excited to tell me that he only used the potty and we celebrated and cheered the fact that he had on the same shorts because they hadn't gotten wet. He was great all evening too. At night we put him in a diaper, but he got up once late to tell me he had to go, and did. And then wanted to go in there first thing this morning.

Today is day 2. We'll see how this goes! Is it a good idea to still have him wear pull ups at night? Or just bite the bullet and get the mattress protector and expect a learning period?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Bite the bullet! Once Kate was potty trained during the day, it just happened at night. I bought a little protector thing I could put OVER her sheets in case she had an accident... much better because then I threw the protector in the wash and didn't have to change sheets in the middle of the night. But honestly, she's probably only peed the bed 3 times since she's been potty trained... that's over a year too. Good job to you and Bray! So exciting! I think I'm going to start potty training Jonas in six months and just get it over with.

P.S. Good job! 21 pounds!!!! YAY!

Dan and Marci Family said...

Bite the bullet, you will be surprised how well he will do just keep reminding him to wake up and go in the potty.