Friday, June 12, 2009

actually doing something domestic


I'm taking a 6 week sewing class with a couple of friends. After the first day I was afriad that wouldn't like the class because the teacher was pretty slow and has her attention spead pretty thin. Now, I am so happy Terri called me about it. I think a lot of the process is just getting comfortable with the matierials and equiptment. Our first project was an apron. We started it in class and then I finished it at home between sessions. I loved the fabric but I did not like the cut/style so I cut off the top, re-finished it and now have a very fun hip apron. {i forgot to take a picture of that} I brought it in to show my teacher, she didnt seem to approve, but I like it.

This bag was my 2nd project. I started it in class Wednesday night and was this close to finishing so I finished it as soon as I got home. I feel so accomplished. I love how clean it all is, lined, pocket... big deal for me.

The three bags are just some toy bags. I bought one at ikea a while ago and figured they wouldn't be too hard to make, then I saw that Bray's buddies mom (bray calls her "cool Jess"now) makes them in all sizes so she showed me how to make them. They really are very simple but I love using these to bring toys in the car, or church and for keeping his blocks and small toys together.

2 comments:

Bobosaurus Wranlger said...

That bag look so awesome!! You did that after a few classes... you've got to be kidding that looks like something you buy at the store! I really would love to learn this too, my mom is awesome at it but I guess I don't have the patience to follow patterns, and I'm pretty intimidated by the sewing machine. You're awesome at it!

Heidi said...

I need to take a class like that. Have you found any simple yet flattering skirt patterns? I'm looking for a sewing enrichment that our ward could do.