Wednesday, April 01, 2009

there are moments

in life that I want to hold onto forever. A lot of these moments do not have photographic evidence to blog or frame afterwards because oftentimes I just really enjoy being a part of the experience. Last Saturday was a perfect example of that, we were too busy enjoying each other. Moments with friends often fall into that category too. Sometimes I will bring my camera along, and see some cute photo ops but even as I think about it I have no desire to take it out and actually snap pictures, I feel like it will take me out of the moment.

And then of course there are times when your little ones are just too cute not to take pictures of and you want to have evidence of the things that they love. B loves to read, he loves to be read to and then repeat the story back to you. He loves to bring you a book and say, "read to me" or "please help me" as he puts the book in your hand. He will sit in his bed or on the floor or on the couch flipping through the pages, telling stories or pointing out all of the details in the images. I want him to remember as he grows up that he loves reading, and that he finds great joy in turning the pages.

3 comments:

Amy said...

He is a keeper!

Bobosaurus Wranlger said...

I can't get over how BIG he looks in this picture... he looks like a kindergartener, my goodness! That's a really good habit to remind him of when he's a teenager and just wants to go play instead of doing his english homework...

The Fegers said...

I know, I have a problem. I think Papa Gille said I take "quantity" instead of "quality." You're good at quality and when it matters. I'm just afraid I'll forget things. But you're good at still documenting even if it's just a little reminder or a good story. And you have a good memory.