Sunday, March 22, 2009

finally! we made it to Mesa!

I don't ever like to tell the world when we are away from home, esp. if it is for more than a weekend so that is why I didn't say where were were that caused my {our} joy. We were finally able to leave SLC just before 11 pm. It was a very late start to our trip, but it ended up working out well. B slept for almost the entire drive. We pulled into Mesa {Friday} morning and spent that day resting up, trying to fix my Grandma's computer and just enjoying seeing my Grandma and Aunt Misi and her kids.

{Saturday} we briefly saw the fabric store where my Grandma works part time. I picked up material that is similar to B's favorite little blanket and pillow. Afterward we met up with my Aunt Misi and her kids and rode the new light rail into Tempe to the Aloha Festival. It was a great day to spend out in the sun, hearing great Polynesian music, great food and fantastic dance performances, of course.

{pics from the aloha festival, the light rail, playing in the sun and napping}

{Sunday} we attended my Grandma's ward (which is in the same building that I used to go to when we lived in Gilbert). I saw a few people that looked familiar and knew we were neighbors or went to church together 10 years ago. That was pretty cool. We had a great dinner at Grandma's with Misi's faimly and my Uncle Rick and Aunt Lori. Misi and Jason brought some little pills that you let disolve in your mouth and it makes all things bitter and sour into sweet. My favorites were the lemons {so freaking delicious} and the pineapple {the best pineapple you have ever had}. After they left we went over to visit the people that were my 2nd family before we moved. It was so nice to spend the evening talking with them. It has been too long since I have been back.

{Monday} I spent the day at Aunt Misi's where she taught me how to can chicken. {Kyle and B went to a spring training baseball game with his buddies Craig and Jen that were also out in AZ for spring training games from MN}. It was so easy, and it tastes so good. Now all I need is one of these and I can can away here. We layed out for a little bit in their yard and then Kyle and Bray came and picked me up and we went to dinner at the brother of Kyle's sister's {Megan} boyfriends house. Follow that? Megan and Dan were visiting from ID for spring break/spring training baseball/and so that Megan could meet Dan's family. It was a busy week for her!

{pics of Grandma's new pool boy, trying to brave the cold water and b's attempt at applying his own sunblock}

This is getting long so... {Tuesday} Kyle went to another game, with Megan and Dan. I stayed with my Grandma and made Bray's new blaket and pillowcase. She also walked me through a bunch of other sewing/quilting techniques that I can't wait to try out. We hung out by the pool a little bit, took Grandma out to dinner when Kyle got home and then she watched Bray so we could go out for the evening.

{Wednesday} we packed up, went to the last part of one of the Cobber's games {Kyle's College Team that was in from MN} and then got in the car for the long drive home.

{pics Craig and Jen's daughter trying to teach Bray how to eat sunflower seads, Cobber's Game}



We had a great trip, and it was so great to be able to spend time with my family, even if it didn't feel like close to enough of it. Hopefully our next trip down can be longer!

**We had beautiful weather back here in SLC for a few days. Rain today and it looks like a lot more rain and snow and highs in the 30s and 40s for the next week. Hopefully it won't last long!

2 comments:

Bobosaurus Wranlger said...

Aww, that's more like it! It looks so... WARM and beautiful! Glad you guys had such a fun time, you sure can pack a lot into a few days. :)

Amy said...

What a glorious, sunny vacation!