Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poor Baby *caution* talks of vomit, a lot

I woke up early this morning and when I walked by Bray's room I smelled the strong aroma of vomit. I was really hoping it wouldn't be because I have been hoping we could keep all of the bugs and viruses that are spreading around at bay, but when I went into his room I found his little bed and pillows covered in it. I had to go to class so Kyle stayed home with B. The sickness has continued all day and has required at least 4 loads of laundry to be done now, and my poor baby looks so tired and pale. Last year when Bray had something like this the doctor just told me to have him sip pedialite and eat the b.r.a.t diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) as much as he could keep down anyway.

Kyle has done so great with Bray today taking care of all of the messes all day, and keeping B as comfortable as possible. One thing I am so grateful for is that if ever Bray is sick and throws up he does it, and then keeps on going like nothing happened. He might say uh oh, but there is no crying or whining. It amazes me, esp since I hate to do it myself.

When Kyle had Bray down for a nap today he said he heard some noise and when he checked in on Bray he saw that he had thrown up all over again. Bray said, I spilled, its okay, I clean up. and proceeded to try to wipe it up with the towel he had been laying on and singing, clean up, clean up, everybody clean up. He is truly an angel.

I hope that this doesn't last long, he looks so exhausted. At least it allows for lots of good snuggle time with an otherwise energetic little man.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Poor guy! I hope he is feeling better soon and that the rest of you avoid getting the bug!

Emily and Arin said...

Ugg, poor Bray! What a trooper, though... Arin got that too, and he didn't take the barfing thing quite so gracefully. :) Then I got it after he did and much worse, so watch out! I hope you guys are all healthy and happy for Xmas! :)