Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A little 7 year old girl went missing yesterday afternoon within a mile of our house. She was still missing this morning so all day there were hundreds of people walking around our area posting her picture and looking everywhere for her, in homes, cars, under bushes. There were 4 helicopters flying low over our area all day as well, until a couple of hours ago. I found myself driving slower as I ran errands all day, hoping to see something. They just announced that her body was found in a neighbors apartment. Outside of her apartment they have been showing a poster that someone put out this afternoon that reads, "You are never so lost that angels can't find you". It just breaks my heart that this ever happens and I have just felt sick that it is so close to home this time.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I have been watching the news about her since she went missing. It just breaks my heart! I am anxious to find out what really happened. I didn't realized it was so close to you, that is so hard. Especially when you have a kid of your own, it really makes it hard.

Russell & Heidi said...

What happened to her?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle and Julie! This is Jen Gardner Well Burt now. Just saw your site on Kristine's website and thought I would check out your little guy. He's so cute. Sounds like you're in Utah. I am in West Jordan and watched the news everyday about this little girl. I cried a lot for her and her family. I can't imagine having that happen to one of my boys. So sad. Anyways it would be really cool to meet up with you guys sometime. I would love to meet your wife, just reading some of the posts on here she cracks me up. I love the tub one, I totally understood that. If we could skip the cold part and the work part then the bath would be great. I hate to get out is my thing, cause then you are cold and have to warm up again. LOL Anyways it's been fun reading about your family. Hope things are going well for you guys. Take care.
Jen