Thursday, February 07, 2008

Taking this one day at a time...

I guess I should have just extended the last post so that I didn't mislead too much. =)

No, I am not pregnant, I hadn't even thought about that, but no, not for a while yet.

But, I have actually accepted a job. It came out of left field and took me by surprise and and didn't leave me very long to think about it. Some of you have probably heard me lamenting over what to do. We needed for me to find a way to help our a little bit financially so that we aren't so tight every month and so I can have a little bit of money to decorate with or just to play with but nothing I looked into looked/felt right to me.

Well, I got a call from my brother, Chase, and he told me that the company he works for needs someone and that he had already had the owner sold on me, and not only would I get a great hourly rate but they would pay for the childcare for Braylon. Right now I will be going into the office M-W-F and come April/May I will switch to W-Th-F with possibly some work that I do from home in my spare time on my days off. So, I started my first day there yesterday.

It broke my heart to think I was going to be putting Bray in a daycare situation. I couldn't sleep at all the night before, mostly because of worrying about daycare and a little bit about the fact that I haven't gone into an office to work for almost two years now.

Kyle got off work a little bit early and picked up Bray on his way home. I stayed a little bit later and had to stop at the store on the way, but when I got home Bray was so much fun, laying on his tummy playing with toys and laughing. He gave me a lot of hugs and kisses and it really helped seeing him that way.

I need to find a different place for him to go since I am pretty sure that the house this daycare is run out of is a smokers house but they spray a lot of air freshener to try to cover it, but the smell is still strong and Bray smelled like it on his clothes and his blanket when he came home; I just don't want him breathing that in all day.

Aside from that, it actually surprised me how good it felt to be productive in an office again. So, day one was a success... we'll see how this pans out. A big change nonetheless.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Holy cow! I had no idea! Congrats, I hope you can find a non-smoking place. Have you checked Craigslist?

Emily, Alex and Baby Boy said...

Congratulations! I've been debating trying to get an office job and the day care thing has me worried a ton. I hope you can find a good place, keep us updated on how it goes! Hugs. :)

Rachel and Jason said...

Hey this is Terri's friend Rachel, I don't know if she told you but I'm a director of a preschool. Have you checked with Childcare Resource and Referral? It is a branch of Workforce services and their sole purpose is finding quality childcare, the number is 355-HUGS. Also, I have been to, or know the director of most childcare in the area if you need any feedback.