Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Great Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. My parents made last minute plans to fly to Florida for my uncles wedding so we needed to decide what we were going to do. Mari and Jim had gone out to MN to see Nana but luckily Warren and Marie were going to be home. We packed up and went to Idaho and had a great restful vacation there with them and Nick and Rebecca. Thanksgiving Day was fun, a lot of football of course, and a fantastic meal. I had a couple of recipes that I wanted to try out and Marie let me have full use of the kitchen. I was really happy with how they turned out and now have two new keepers in my recipe box; a great sweet dressing (stuffing), a must have jello salad that went FAST was different than any I have ever tasted before, and an egg nog pie. Yum yum.

Kyle loved being able to have football support from his family and loved being able to watch it all day without me switching the channel to some flip this house show or the like. I like some football but collage teams that I know nothing about didnt interest me but I found some books there that looked interesting and ended up being able to read 3 full novels there and brought another one home that I had started. Cuddling up with a warm blanket and reading as much as possible (and sneaking in a Hallmark holiday movie when the guys were napping or playing) was a great vacation for me!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast (other than your cold). Sorry about you losing the Hallmark Channel... so sad!