Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pioneer Day!

Braylon loved clapping... the whole time! He must have thought it was serious business because in every picture he has this look. Also, I would never normally post any picture where I can be seen but my friend Emily told me that I need to start doing picture therapy to start getting comfortable having my picture taken again. I didn't think that this moment was the right time to start since we woke up and ran out of the house in under 5 minutes but Kyle seems to agree with Emily so here you go. I was watching the parade and not turning away from the camera on purpose. I swear!
July 24th is a State holiday here in Utah celebrating the date that the first pioneers arrived here in the valley. Salt Lake City has a huge parade sponsored by the Days of '47 Rodeo, apparently it is the 3rd largest parade in the country behind the Rose Bowl and Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades. Since we live in Salt Lake now I wanted to go to the parade instead of watching it on t.v. so at the last minute Kyle and I packed Bray up and raced down to the route. It was packed but we ended up finding a perfect spot to watch from. One of the first people to come by was President Hinckley. He was so cute in his cowboy gloves (even though they blocked my camera shot) but it was so fun to see him out there and to be SO close to him. Below are just a few shots from the parade. We were there for about an hour and a half and I don't think we even saw half of the parade but it was roasting there wasn't any shade so we decided to bring Bray home. It was really fun though and I hope we can go for the whole thing next year.

3 comments:

The McKays said...

I don't know why you are so uncomfortable with having your picture taken. You are such a beautiful woman! Even if you don't post any pics of yourself on the blog, you should at least take some to keep for yourself. You might hte them now and appreciate them later. I don't post very many pics of myself on my blog, but it's mostly because I'm the one behind the camera 90% of the time! When I see Brian and Abbey doing something cute together, I'll grab the camera, but he won't do the same for me unless I get bossy about it. So we have a ton of them together and very few of me and her together. Oh well...

Emily, Alex and Baby Boy said...

Yey Julie pictures!! I'm so proud of you, and you look great. Well, the side of your face and your braid do anyway! And Bray is looking so adorable! What a fun day. :)

Lotz Family said...

That did look like fun.. more fun than sitting in the hospital at least! And good call to finally posting pics of yourself.